Glassflake is filler made from ECR glass, it looks like microscopic broken window panes or glass sheet. The best filler which can be used to improve moisture vapour transmission resistance is corrosion resistant Glassflake.
Path length to substrate approximately 11 times longer with Glassflake than with granular filler. This effect is known as “the tortuous path”.
The development of in-house Corrocoat Ltd. UK Glassflake technology has allowed for the production of the inner more uniform and consistent Glassflake. Glassflake can now be made at sub micron thickness!
- Excellent temperature resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent dry and immersed adhesion
- Low permeation rate
- Applicable over a wide range substrates
- High abrasion resistance
- Dimensional stability
- Impact resistance
- High tensile strength
- High resistance to cathodic disbondment
- Durability, very long service lives
- Very low Volatile organic compounds
- Cost effective